Monday 29 October 2012

Victorian Christmas Lady Finished!

I have managed to finish yet another project this year! And finally this one is all for ME!

Joan Elliott's Victorian Christmas Lady
It took a while to get all of the supplies to finish her. When I ordered all of the beads I forgot to order one of the Krieniks that was just used for the outlines of the fur part of the dress. Then once I got the order I ended up having to go away for a week. During that week away though I managed to get two Christmas Ornaments stitched up, but I can't show them just yet since one is for a Christmas Ornament exchange I am participating in and the other is a gift.



I am going to get her framed in a few weeks so she will be ready for Christmas. I already have an idea of where she is going to hang! Now I just need to figure out how to have her framed. I am thinking of a double matte. Have the bottom matter in either a red or green and then the top matte can be a cream or beige. I want something neutral because all of the colors are so bright.

Has anyone else started their Christmas stitching yet? I would love to see some of your work!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your Christmas Victorian Lady!!! She looks feautiful.
    I've stitched a few Christmas ornaments, why hop onto my blog? Mii, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your replies :) and just so you know I am always looking at your blog, I love all of your projects and the things you find!

      Delete
  2. How beautiful she looks! =) Congratulations on finishing her, she is just perfect!!! =)

    I started my Christmas-knitting last Saturday ;-) Up to now, no christmas stitching is planned ;-)

    ReplyDelete